So we now have our digital communications objectives aligned with our coporate objectives – what next?
Go back into the kitchen and adjust the recipe to make sure that what we are cooking up will actually work and leave a nice taste.
So how about:
- Rejing the slides (more than once) that surround the objectives to produce a clearer narrative to fully ‘sell’ the benefits.
- Try to work out what are the workstreams that will deliver against each objective.
- Fit all these workstreams onto one slide – gulp.
- Not just name workstreams but describe each activity in detail: what, who, when, how and the costs
- Fill in all these details into a workstreams template document – its long.
- Better put them in some order of priority as well.
- Don’t forget to allocate money for the workstreams in advance to avoid missing the boat
- Review workstreams document.
Not as easy as it sounds as how far can we predict months ahead what we are going to do especially as we will be reviewing a number of activities?
Watch this space for the next update.