We are currently in the middle of cooking up a digital communications strategy.
I thought you might be interested in the recipe which, hopefully, does not go wrong in the oven.
- Recognition of the need to change and increase the use digital comms more as a organisation
- Senior management buy-in to have a strategy
- An organisational strategy with clear objectives
- A top notch consultant with an unrivalled knowledge of digital tools, techniques and great strategic thinking skills.
- Research activity by the consultant including:
- interviewing key internal contacts
- reviewing key organisations documents
- looking at comparator organisations
- reviewing web stats etc
- Research paper/recommendations by the consultant
- Reconfigure the research paper to fit into internal templates
- Rewrite objectives five or six time to align fully with organisational objectives
to be continued….