How often does this happen?
1) Your manager asks to become a friend on Facebook
2) Your manager sends you a work related question via Facebook
3) A friend on Facebook becomes a supplier
4) You know of a contract manager who is a Facebook friend of a supplier for the same contract
5) A current supplier asks to connect with you via Linkedin
6) A contact on Linkedin becomes a supplier
7) You recommend a contact on Linkedin who later becomes a supplier
8) A contact asks for a recommendation on Linkedin but you have never worked with them.
9) You have a ‘semi-private’ conversation with someone on Twitter who then copies and uses your Tweets out of context
So where does the line get drawn between relationships and is there any difference between these situations online and offline?
Does it make a difference that online these interactions and connections become visible?
Should they be included in declarations of interest? Is there anything that either HR or propriety teams need to get involved in?